Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Being Underestimated

One of the nicest compliments I ever received was an unintended one from a client quite a few years ago. I was in her office whe we were interrupted by a phone call. After speaking for a few minutes she told her caller, "I have to go, my computer guy is here." In response to something her caller said she went on, "Oh, yeah, I've got a computer guy. He's awesome. He keeps telling me how much he doesn't know, but he makes everything work."

That's a complete reversal, of course, of the inflated ego which kept creating expectations that I could not live up to. I love being underestimated.

"He keeps telling me how much he doesn't know, but he makes everything work."   I still treasure that.

1 comment:

  1. America’s Worst Governor Andrew Cuomo Receives an Emmy for His Alleged Coronavirus Leadership..... "LEADERSHIP? .. Now How About Them Apples?

    ReplyDelete